Dragon Crest Mountain, Krabi
Dragon Crest Mountain, also known as Khao Ngon Nak, is one of Krabi’s best vantage points for witnessing majestic limestone mountain scenery landscape.
The distance from the starting point to the top viewing point is around 3.7 km with an enjoyable hiking trail of 13 tourist spots along the way such as waterfalls, ponds, cliffs, etc.
On top of Dragon Crest lies an overhanging rock ledge which sits precariously on the edge of the mountain.
Despite the fact that it might be Instagram worthy, it is too risky to climb out there to take photos so there’s a sign banning people from going out on the ledge for safety reasons. But that doesn’t make visiting it unworthy as you can still take in the view from the allowed areas completely.
Things you need to know about Dragon Crest Mountain
- Dragon Crest Mountain is located in the area of Hat Noppharat Thara-Mu Ko Phi Phi National Park.
- It’s advised to prepare your body for a short hike, including adequate supplies and drinking water.
- Any hiking outside of marked trails is strictly forbidden.
- The best time to visit is during sunrise and sunset.
- Dragon Crest Mountain can be visited in a day and without a tour guide.
✈ Book flight to Krabi with Bangkok Airways on https://bit.ly/37IZNOE
Passengers on Economy Class will be provided with the following services free of charge:
- 20 kg Baggage Allowance
- Access to Boutique Lounge* and enjoy our light meals and drinks buffet
- Snack Bag during disembarking the aircraft
- Seat Selection**
To comply with The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand on Measures during COVID-19 Pandemic, please be informed that masks with exhalation valves are not permitted on board Bangkok Airways flights.
*Boutique Lounge at Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Phuket Airport, and Courtesy Corner at Samui Airport.
**The scope of seat selection on the flight depends on the airfare selected.